- I will protect your investment in the United States.
- I will protect every penny that you pay to this country to make sure your money is well spent and never wasted.
- I will protect funding programs for seniors that safeguard Social Security and Medicare.
- I will protect your pension because you’ve earned it.
- I will protect our nation from government shutdowns; We’ve seen what damage they do.
- I will protect and maintain the full faith and credit of the United States by opposing any risk of default.
- I will protect funding for public education to ensure a strong, robust and effective education system.
- I will protect our teachers by advocating a living wage with merit-based increases. Teachers are the backbone of our education system.
- I will protect our healthcare, retail, tourism, service and agricultural industries, by supporting programs providing a direct benefit to their maintenance and growth.
- I will protect and fortify our alliance with Israel by continuing and strengthening loan guarantees.
- I will protect the business climate in Southwest Florida by supporting betterment programs, especially for small business.
- I will protect efforts that support making maximum use of our sunshine for energy--solar energy.
- I will fight for clean and natural energy.
- I will fight against hydraulic fracturing and oil drilling in Southwest Florida –Southwest Florida is a subtropical paradise--we need to protect it.
- I will fight for a clean and healthy natural environment –It is essential to Southwest Florida’s economy and quality of life.
- I will fight to ensure that our ecosystem is clean and healthy.
- I will fight to preserve the quality of our water, both fresh and on our Gulf shores.
- I will fight to implement more effective measures to prevent future unwanted water releases from Lake Okeechobee into the Caloosahatchee River.
- I will fight for efforts to improve the flow of water southward through the Everglades.
- I will fight to reduce pollution in Florida waters and will work for federal support to implement these measures.
I believe in equal pay for equal work.
I believe that equal rights are Human Rights.
- I believe that patients suffering from serious medical conditions should have access to medical marijuana, already legal in 23 states. Political posturing and state boundaries should not restrict access to effective medication.
I believe we should increase penalties across the board in pursuit of protecting survivors of human trafficking, especially minors.
I believe our current immigration system is flawed and in serious need of reform.
I believe immigration reform is the best way to achieve strengthening our borders. Reform will invigorate local businesses while relieving onerous restrictions and uncertainties for employers.
I believe health insurance is a human right and not a privilege for an elite few. Nobody should be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions or denied care because they simply cannot afford it.
I believe the heroes who served and continue to serve our country, deserve the very best we have to offer. I support full benefits and oppose any cuts or reductions to services and benefits to our veterans. The United States government must honor all of their obligations and promises to our veterans.
I believe everyone should have an equal chance in business, education and life based on his or her abilities.
I believe in protecting every citizen’s sacred responsibility and right to vote.
I believe that Roe vs. Wade is settled constitutional doctrine.
I believe in repealing Citizens United, taking the power of government away from corporations and giving it back to the people where it belongs.
I believe in the United States Constitution and will fight for all of the amendments – keeping in mind, if something is outdated or no longer works for the majority of society, it might be time for a new amendment.
I believe we need government to be a vehicle that drives our nation forward – not reversing movement already established or in progress.