From a young age, April has felt compelled to live her life serving her community.
Through, her Aunt and Great-Grandfather, April witnessed the positive effects caring elected officials have on a community. April, also learned the value of hard-work and determination growing up the oldest daughter in a working family. Which is why she spent the last several years running to be a representative in Congress.
As a wife, mother, grandmother, business owner, community organizer, an activist for change and a better community, she has come to learn, at times we are led to take a different path than one we had started.
Her goal has always been to advocate policies that will better serve the needs of people here in Southwest Florida.
Which is why after careful consideration, she has decided to run for Mayor in the City of Cape Coral.
This allows April to focus her energy immediately serving her hometown in a way that will directly benefit the needs of Cape Coral residents.
As Mayor, April will defend our city, our seniors, our children, our veterans and our environment by pursuing policies that make sense and work. April will work with other elected officials in city, county and state to ensure Cape Coral Residents benefit from policies that will impact them positively.
April has the experience necessary to lead our city into and through the next decade. She has a BA in Communication Studies with additional studies in Environmental Science, Economics and Political Science at Yale University, Graduate of the Women’s Campaign School at Yale, through Yale Law School in New Haven, Connecticut.
April is a business owner, working in film and television production. Her company specializes in development, finance and brand licensing giving her experience not only working on large budget productions, but also completing them on time and under budget.
You can see some of her work like “Hemingway and Gelhorn” on HBO.
April works tirelessly to raise money through the means of grassroots donations, because she wants to ensure that people who donate to her campaign are aware of her personal investment.
April is a long time resident, she resides in North East Cape Coral, where she is married to her high school sweetheart David, a HVAC Specialist. April and David have two daughters, one adorable grandchild and another on the way.
- The National Organization for Women (NOW PAC) - 2016 General, 2014 Midterm and Special Election
- Senator Nan Rich - 2016 General, 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Florida State Senator Dwight Bullard - 2016 General, 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Democrats Advancing Progressive Action in Congress (DAPAC) - 2016 General, 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- One Million Gays (SWFL OMG!) 2016 General, 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- The Florida AFL-CIO - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- SW Florida Central Labor Council AFL-CIO - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- National Women's Political Caucus - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Women's Campaign Fund - 2014 Special Election
- Vote in Women - 2014 Midterm
- Progressive Democrats of America - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- The Alliance for Retired Americans - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- The Service Employees International Union / Florida (SEIU) - 2014 Midterm
- The United Steelworkers Union (USW) - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- The Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR) - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Southwest Florida Chapter of the AFL-CIO - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- UA Plumber Pipe-fitters Local 725 - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Democratic Women's Club of Florida - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Lee County Democratic Party - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Collier County Democratic Party - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Democratic Black Caucus of Lee County - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Democratic Club of Cape Coral - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Bonita Springs Democratic Club - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Congressman Bob Clement - Tennessee's 5th District & Board Member of Former Members of Congress - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- Theresa Watkins Brown - Councilwoman in the City of Fort Myers
- Bill Shoemaker - Councilman for the City of Roseville - 2014 Midterm & Special Election
- International Union of Painters & Allied Trades (IUPAT)
- UA Plumber Pipe-fitters
- 2014 Democratic Nominee for United States House of Representatives - Florida's 19th Congressional District Special-Election
- 2014 Democratic Nominee for United States House of Representatives - Florida's 19th Congressional District Midterm
- National Organization for Women (NOW) - 2014 PRESIDENT, 2015 BOARD MEMBER - Fort Myers / Naples Chapter
- Democratic Labor Caucus of Florida - Lee County - Founding Member
- The Women's Campaign School at Yale University - Class of 2013 Graduate
- Emily's List Political Opportunity Program (POP) - 2013 Graduate
- Temple Beth Shalom - Cape Coral, Florida - Member
- League of Women Voters - Florida - Member
- Democratic Women's Club of Florida - Member Lee & Collier County Chapters
- ACLU - Member
- Democratic Club of Cape Coral - Member, 2013 Vice President & 2014 Board Member
- Democratic Party of Lee County - Precinct Committeewoman